- Inspection: Before any bee or wasp extermination activity, our technicians will perform a thorough inspection of your property to identify the location and size of the bee or wasp nest.
- Determine the species: We identify the species of bee, wasp or hornet that needs to be eradicated. Different insects require different approaches.
- Preparation: Our technician will isolate the area to prevent the bees or wasps from escaping or spreading throughout your house or apartment. This means closing all doors and windows.
- Nest Removal: Our technicians will use a vacuum system to physically remove the nest.
- Sprays or Dust: For wasps and hornets, an eco-friendly pesticide spray is applied to the nest and surrounding areas to kill the wasps. For carpenter bees, we apply a dust. Ecology Exterminating uses only pesticides are registered with the EPA and the NYC Department ofEnvironmental Conservation (DEC).
- Monitoring: It is important to allow sufficient time for the wasps to die off, usually several hours or days.
- Prevention: To prevent future infestations, we identify gaps and cracks around your home so you (or your contractor) can seal up likely points of entry. We also identify potential food sources that attracts bees or wasps to prevent them from coming back into your home.
- Follow-up: after treatment, we want to ensure bees, hornets or wasps have been eliminated from your home. Our bee, wasp &hornet extermination services are guaranteed. If pests come back, we do too, until they’re gone for good.